Liam McMillan fired up and ready for British Touring Car Championship debut
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship. Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year s championship, aged just 19. It
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship.
Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year's championship, aged just 19.
It is only his fourth season of racing and is aiming for top 10 results in all 30 races on this year's championship, starting on Sunday at Brands Hatch.
McMillan said: "It's something I've dreamt about doing for many years and I'm ready for the challenge. I can't wait to get out there!"
You may also want to watch:
McMillan will self-prepare his race car - a four-year-old Seat Toledo raced by former champion Jason Plato, but carrying a new 16-valve engine.
He has got faster and faster at each winter test, and finished the final pre-season test at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, last week, in 14th place. However, McMillan lost more than half a second a second on his fastest lap, after losing fifth gear.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
McMillan said: "After a good winter's test programme, I'm in good shape and ready for the start.
"I'd like to try and finish in the top ten all year, and I want to try and finish every race. That will enable me to gain a lot of experience - and you can't do that if you're sitting in a gravel trap!