Liam McMillan fired up and ready for British Touring Car Championship debut
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship. Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year s championship, aged just 19. It
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship.
Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year's championship, aged just 19.
It is only his fourth season of racing and is aiming for top 10 results in all 30 races on this year's championship, starting on Sunday at Brands Hatch.
McMillan said: "It's something I've dreamt about doing for many years and I'm ready for the challenge. I can't wait to get out there!"
McMillan will self-prepare his race car - a four-year-old Seat Toledo raced by former champion Jason Plato, but carrying a new 16-valve engine.
He has got faster and faster at each winter test, and finished the final pre-season test at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, last week, in 14th place. However, McMillan lost more than half a second a second on his fastest lap, after losing fifth gear.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
McMillan said: "After a good winter's test programme, I'm in good shape and ready for the start.
"I'd like to try and finish in the top ten all year, and I want to try and finish every race. That will enable me to gain a lot of experience - and you can't do that if you're sitting in a gravel trap!