Liam McMillan fired up and ready for British Touring Car Championship debut
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship. Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year s championship, aged just 19. It
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship.
Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year's championship, aged just 19.
It is only his fourth season of racing and is aiming for top 10 results in all 30 races on this year's championship, starting on Sunday at Brands Hatch.
McMillan said: "It's something I've dreamt about doing for many years and I'm ready for the challenge. I can't wait to get out there!"
You may also want to watch:
McMillan will self-prepare his race car - a four-year-old Seat Toledo raced by former champion Jason Plato, but carrying a new 16-valve engine.
He has got faster and faster at each winter test, and finished the final pre-season test at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, last week, in 14th place. However, McMillan lost more than half a second a second on his fastest lap, after losing fifth gear.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
McMillan said: "After a good winter's test programme, I'm in good shape and ready for the start.
"I'd like to try and finish in the top ten all year, and I want to try and finish every race. That will enable me to gain a lot of experience - and you can't do that if you're sitting in a gravel trap!