Liam McMillan fired up and ready for British Touring Car Championship debut
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship. Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year s championship, aged just 19. It
THE countdown is finally over. Testing has finished and on Sunday Liam McMillan will turn a wheel in anger for the first time in the British Touring Car Championship.
Wisbech racer Liam is the youngest driver in this year's championship, aged just 19.
It is only his fourth season of racing and is aiming for top 10 results in all 30 races on this year's championship, starting on Sunday at Brands Hatch.
McMillan said: "It's something I've dreamt about doing for many years and I'm ready for the challenge. I can't wait to get out there!"
You may also want to watch:
McMillan will self-prepare his race car - a four-year-old Seat Toledo raced by former champion Jason Plato, but carrying a new 16-valve engine.
He has got faster and faster at each winter test, and finished the final pre-season test at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit, last week, in 14th place. However, McMillan lost more than half a second a second on his fastest lap, after losing fifth gear.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
McMillan said: "After a good winter's test programme, I'm in good shape and ready for the start.
"I'd like to try and finish in the top ten all year, and I want to try and finish every race. That will enable me to gain a lot of experience - and you can't do that if you're sitting in a gravel trap!