Liam in the wars in Barcelona - but vows to toughen up to stay on the asphalt.
RISING star Liam McMillan is learning to toughen up in the hard world of international motorsport. The 18-year-old Wisbech driver had a tough time in his latest SEAT Leon Supercopa meeting at the Circuit de Catalunya near Barcelona at the weekend. His Le
RISING star Liam McMillan is learning to toughen up in the hard world of international motorsport.
The 18-year-old Wisbech driver had a tough time in his latest SEAT Leon Supercopa meeting at the Circuit de Catalunya near Barcelona at the weekend.
His Leon Cupra suffered a broken windscreen, severe panel damage and damaged steering and radiator as he picked up 10th, ninth and 15th places in 29-car fields.
McMillan said: "They're all very experienced and good drivers up at the sharp end of the Supercopa field. They rarely make mistakes and they'll bulldoze you out of the way if they have to. It can get pretty rough.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't think the Spanish drivers like being beaten by a young English guy, so they won't give me an inch. I was forced off the track at one point in Barcelona - it was a bit over the mark but I'm learning to give as good as I get because you have to be tough just to stay on the asphalt."
McMillan's next race meeting will be in Valencia next month.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia