LEVERINGTON: Relegation-threatened Leverington lose by just one run for the second time this season
LEVERINGTON Cricket Club lost for the second time this season by one run and are in danger of a swift return to West Norfolk Division Two. They lost to The Creakes on Saturday. Leverington lost a crucial toss and had were put into the field. They bowled
LEVERINGTON Cricket Club lost for the second time this season by one run and are in danger of a swift return to West Norfolk Division Two.
They lost to The Creakes on Saturday.
Leverington lost a crucial toss and had were put into the field.
They bowled well and were unlucky not to get the break through after some very close LBW decisions and two tight run-outs.
You may also want to watch:
The Creakes did not lose a wicket until the score was on 53 when skipper Mark Godfrey brought himself on and soon had them in trouble with an excellent spell that saw him pick up two wickets and with Adam Fairbrother taking 3 -39 Leverington were back in with a good chance of keeping them under 170.
But some big hits towards the end saw The Creakes get to 182-6 with Ian Cooper picking up the other wicket.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
Leverington's reply started brightly with runs coming in quick time before Shaun Sleight (13) was bowled.
Ricky Brown (14) and Simon Gilbert (29) kept Leverington well ahead of the run rate.
Fairbrother (30) and Damien Allen (19) took Leverington to 121 off 31 overs and this should have been a good platform for them to win.
Stewart Cuthill (19) and Ian Cooper (17) kept up with the rate but some tight bowling kept The Creakes in with a chance.
Leverington needed 10 to win off the last over but could only manage eight.
Leverington now play back to back games against second place Grimston.