LEVERINGTON: Relegation-threatened Leverington lose by just one run for the second time this season
LEVERINGTON Cricket Club lost for the second time this season by one run and are in danger of a swift return to West Norfolk Division Two. They lost to The Creakes on Saturday. Leverington lost a crucial toss and had were put into the field. They bowled
LEVERINGTON Cricket Club lost for the second time this season by one run and are in danger of a swift return to West Norfolk Division Two.
They lost to The Creakes on Saturday.
Leverington lost a crucial toss and had were put into the field.
They bowled well and were unlucky not to get the break through after some very close LBW decisions and two tight run-outs.
You may also want to watch:
The Creakes did not lose a wicket until the score was on 53 when skipper Mark Godfrey brought himself on and soon had them in trouble with an excellent spell that saw him pick up two wickets and with Adam Fairbrother taking 3 -39 Leverington were back in with a good chance of keeping them under 170.
But some big hits towards the end saw The Creakes get to 182-6 with Ian Cooper picking up the other wicket.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
Leverington's reply started brightly with runs coming in quick time before Shaun Sleight (13) was bowled.
Ricky Brown (14) and Simon Gilbert (29) kept Leverington well ahead of the run rate.
Fairbrother (30) and Damien Allen (19) took Leverington to 121 off 31 overs and this should have been a good platform for them to win.
Stewart Cuthill (19) and Ian Cooper (17) kept up with the rate but some tight bowling kept The Creakes in with a chance.
Leverington needed 10 to win off the last over but could only manage eight.
Leverington now play back to back games against second place Grimston.