Leverington lose out to Grimston in final of West Norfolk knock-out cup
LEVERINGTON lost out to West Norfolk champions Grimston in the final of the league s knock-out cup on Monday. Leverington, who last reached the final when they won it in 1985, won the toss and batted first. They reached 106-8 in their 20 overs. Glynn Wils
LEVERINGTON lost out to West Norfolk champions Grimston in the final of the league's knock-out cup on Monday.
Leverington, who last reached the final when they won it in 1985, won the toss and batted first.
They reached 106-8 in their 20 overs. Glynn Wilson top scored with 26 supported by Simon Gilbert with 19 and Adam Fairbrother with 16.
Grimston opener Jack Redhead - who hit 152 not out on Saturday - was bowled by Ian Cooper in the first over.
You may also want to watch:
But Grimston's Mark Utteridge and Rob High took the game away from Leverington with a strong partnership. High was eventually out, but by that time Grimston only needed 18 runs to win. They achieved their target in the 16th over.
• Leverington finished their West Norfolk Division 1 campaign on Saturday with a 50-run win against already relegated The Creakes.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
The result saw Leverington finish third bottom, achieving their aim of staying in the top division.
Leverington made 164 all out in 40 overs. Fairbrother top scored with 71 and was well supported by Rob Lynn with 20 and Gilbert with 13.
Leverington were always in control of the game and bowled The Creakes out for 114. Ricky Brown was the pick of the bowlers with 4-23, Cooper took 2-21, Damien Allen 2-28 and Aaron Cobb 1-12.