Leverington lose out to Grimston in final of West Norfolk knock-out cup
LEVERINGTON lost out to West Norfolk champions Grimston in the final of the league s knock-out cup on Monday. Leverington, who last reached the final when they won it in 1985, won the toss and batted first. They reached 106-8 in their 20 overs. Glynn Wils
LEVERINGTON lost out to West Norfolk champions Grimston in the final of the league's knock-out cup on Monday.
Leverington, who last reached the final when they won it in 1985, won the toss and batted first.
They reached 106-8 in their 20 overs. Glynn Wilson top scored with 26 supported by Simon Gilbert with 19 and Adam Fairbrother with 16.
Grimston opener Jack Redhead - who hit 152 not out on Saturday - was bowled by Ian Cooper in the first over.
You may also want to watch:
But Grimston's Mark Utteridge and Rob High took the game away from Leverington with a strong partnership. High was eventually out, but by that time Grimston only needed 18 runs to win. They achieved their target in the 16th over.
• Leverington finished their West Norfolk Division 1 campaign on Saturday with a 50-run win against already relegated The Creakes.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
The result saw Leverington finish third bottom, achieving their aim of staying in the top division.
Leverington made 164 all out in 40 overs. Fairbrother top scored with 71 and was well supported by Rob Lynn with 20 and Gilbert with 13.
Leverington were always in control of the game and bowled The Creakes out for 114. Ricky Brown was the pick of the bowlers with 4-23, Cooper took 2-21, Damien Allen 2-28 and Aaron Cobb 1-12.