Leverington Ladies put to the sword after heavy Cambs League defeat
- Credit: Archant
Leverington Ladies aim to put a second consecutive league defeat behind them after a heavy loss to one of their Fenland rivals.
A promising start for the visitors ended in an 8-0 reverse at Whittlesey Athletic Ladies in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division on Sunday.
It was Whittlesey who took the lead after bursting through the visiting defence to slot home.
Amy Newell was unlucky not to equalise for Leverington when her effort rolled just wide of the target, a chance the hosts made them pay for.
Shaun Harley’s team scored a second, before a quickfire double led to a 4-0 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Leverington were determined as they kept pushing forward after the break, but conceded a further four times in a game they hope to quickly move on from.
On Sunday, October 18, Leverington welcome Cambridge University to Church Road, 11am.
- 1 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 2 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 3 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 4 Two-car collision on A47
- 5 Port of Wisbech continues to defy the trend with 'remarkable' turnout
- 6 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 7 Mini digger worth around £14,000 stolen from building site overnight
- 8 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 9 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 10 Horror crash all because BMW driver left home with frozen windscreen