Leverington Ladies put to the sword after heavy Cambs League defeat
- Credit: Archant
Leverington Ladies aim to put a second consecutive league defeat behind them after a heavy loss to one of their Fenland rivals.
A promising start for the visitors ended in an 8-0 reverse at Whittlesey Athletic Ladies in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division on Sunday.
It was Whittlesey who took the lead after bursting through the visiting defence to slot home.
Amy Newell was unlucky not to equalise for Leverington when her effort rolled just wide of the target, a chance the hosts made them pay for.
Shaun Harley’s team scored a second, before a quickfire double led to a 4-0 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Leverington were determined as they kept pushing forward after the break, but conceded a further four times in a game they hope to quickly move on from.
On Sunday, October 18, Leverington welcome Cambridge University to Church Road, 11am.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’