Leverington Ladies put to the sword after heavy Cambs League defeat
- Credit: Archant
Leverington Ladies aim to put a second consecutive league defeat behind them after a heavy loss to one of their Fenland rivals.
A promising start for the visitors ended in an 8-0 reverse at Whittlesey Athletic Ladies in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division on Sunday.
It was Whittlesey who took the lead after bursting through the visiting defence to slot home.
Amy Newell was unlucky not to equalise for Leverington when her effort rolled just wide of the target, a chance the hosts made them pay for.
Shaun Harley’s team scored a second, before a quickfire double led to a 4-0 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Leverington were determined as they kept pushing forward after the break, but conceded a further four times in a game they hope to quickly move on from.
On Sunday, October 18, Leverington welcome Cambridge University to Church Road, 11am.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 5 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county