First 11-a-side tournament held at ladies' football club
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
A ladies football club held its first ever 11-a-side tournament over the weekend.
The hosts, Leverington Ladies, beat Ketton Ladies in the semi-finals after Faye Kowalewsky scored four goals.
At the same time, Cardea beat Park Ladies in the other semi-final game.
Leverington took the lead in the final through the outstanding Chelsea King.
In the final ten minutes, Cardea hit back from a corner forcing the game to a penalty shootout.
You may also want to watch:
Leverington Ladies won 6-5.
A spokesperson for Leverington Ladies said: “A great day of football was thoroughly enjoyed by all with some excellent football played by all teams involved.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 7 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 8 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 9 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 10 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
“A massive thanks to our sponsors for the tournament, AER Electrical Services Ltd and Oasis Grill Bar for supporting their local ladies' team.