Depleted Leverington Ladies come unstuck after heavy defeat
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
An injury-ravaged Leverington Sports Ladies came unstuck against a rampant opponent in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Sophie Swinden’s side started well at Netherton United Ladies in Division One on Sunday, but lost their way after losing Amy Newell to a hip injury.
Leverington found themselves two goals down, before Kayleigh Grey’s effort was disallowed for offside.
The visitors continued to battle as they were 3-0 down at half-time in what was a defensive display.
But Netherton’s quality proved too much for Leverington as having lost more players to injury, the hosts ran out 7-0 winners in Sports’ final game of the calendar year.
Leverington Sports Ladies visit league leaders Cardea Ladies on January 9, 2pm.
*The club is support the 2021 Rainbow Laces campaign by changing their laces and a new captain’s armband.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 3 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
The campaign encourages clubs to wear rainbow laces and sharing their pictures on social media to support for LGBTQ+ people in football.