Leverington go into tonight's semi-final full of confidence after moving out of relegation zone
LEVERINGTON Cricket Club go into tonight s West Norfolk Division One semi-final full of confidence after enjoying a superb weekend. They play Swanton Morley in Wisbech – a side they beat by four wickets at home on Saturday to move put of the West Norfolk
LEVERINGTON Cricket Club go into tonight's West Norfolk Division One semi-final full of confidence after enjoying a superb weekend.
They play Swanton Morley in Wisbech - a side they beat by four wickets at home on Saturday to move put of the West Norfolk Division One relegation zone.
Tonight's match starts at 6.30pm.
Saturday's victory was Leverington's first league win since May 16.
You may also want to watch:
Leverington won the toss and put Swanton Morley into bat and they made 121-7 in their 45 overs.
Ricky Brown was the pick of the Leverington bowlers with 3-27 and was well supported by Ian Cooper (2-19) and a wicket each for Aaron Cobb and skipper Mark Godfrey.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
Leverington found it no easier with opener Glynn Wilson going for a duck, but Simon Gilbert (19) and Ricky Brown (12) put them back on track.
Once they were out the wickets of Andy Reid (9), Shaun Sleight (14) and Stewart Cuthill (1) went cheaply and Swanton Morley had an excellent chance.
But they dropped two catch opportunities from Damien Allen, who went on to be Leverington's top scorer with 37 not out.
Jamie Paul's 12 not out helped the hosts reach their target and they scored 122-6.
After tonight's semi-final Leverington then play Swanton Morley again, away in the league.
Leverington secured their semi-final place with a five-run win over Downham Market last Wednesday.
Stewart Cuthill (49), Simon Gilbert (31) and Adam Garford (30) helped Leverington to 142-6.
Downham in reply made 137-7 with Aaron Cobb (3-30), Ian Cooper (2-24), Orlando Prestidge (1-30) and Mark Godfrey (1-18) taking the wickets.