LEVERINGTON: Gilbert in fine form but dropped catches prove costly again
LEVERINGTON S Simon Gilbert scored an excellent 72 runs but for the second week running dropped catches proved costly as they suffered an 11-run West Norfolk Division One run defeat at Snettisham. Leverington travelled with an under strength team, fieldi
LEVERINGTON'S Simon Gilbert scored an excellent 72 runs but for the second week running dropped catches proved costly as they suffered an 11-run West Norfolk Division One run defeat at Snettisham.
Leverington travelled with an under strength team, fielding only 10 players.
They dropped Ryan Twiddy twice before he had made double figures before eventually being run out for 71.
Leverington final got the break through when Jamie Paul took an excellent catch off the bowling of Ricky Brown (1-27) to remove G. Forder for 37.
Adam Fairbrother replaced Brown and towards the end of the Snettisham innings and picked up 4-49 as the hosts went for quick runs.
They finished on 236-7.
- 1 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
Leverington's reply started well with Gilbert keeping up his excellent form.
But again the middle order failed to produce and they went from 111-1 to 142-7.
Skipper Mark Godfrey (40 not out) and Ian Cooper (26 not out) steadied the ship with an excellent partnership of 73 that gave a very slim chance of victory but the 34 needed off the final over proved too tall an order.
Leverington need to get back to winning ways next week against The Creakes at home before they have to play back to back games against the top two.