Lethal Reed grabs another goal as Wisbech Town stretch winning run to four games
Ridgeons Premier Division: FC Clacton 0 Wisbech Town 2
WISBECH Town stretched their winning run to four games by strolling to a 2-0 victory over FC Clacton.
The Fenmen followed up Tuesday’s thumping 6-2 league cup semi-final win over Stowmarket Town by cruising to a comfortable win at The Rush Green Bowl.
Callum Reed - who found the back of the net four times in Tuesday night’s win - continued his lethal goalscoring form by putting Wisbech ahead in the seventh minute.
The former Peterborough United trainee lashed the ball home from 15 yards, when the ball broke kindly for him on the edge of the box.
You may also want to watch:
And the Fenmen extended their lead five minutes later, when Ash Stevens outpaced the defence and slotted past the Clacton ‘keeper.
The Seasiders rarely troubled a dominant Wisbech and Lea Jordan was a spectator for most of the game.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
The Fenmen wasted chances to put a gloss on the scoreline but held on for an easy three points, which cements their place in the top five of the Ridgeons Premier Division and keeps them on course for their highest league finish in seven years.
One negative for Wisbech was the loss of their skipper Paul Cousins, who had to be substituted with a groin injury on the stroke of half time.
• Meanwhile, Ollie Gale was on target for Wisbech Reserves as they claimed a 1-1 draw with Cherry Hinton at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium.