NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Late PNS leveller denies Wisbech Town another win
- Credit: Archant
Gary Setchell is still unbeaten as Wisbech Town boss – but the Fenmen were denied a sixth win in seven after a late Peterborough Northern Star goal last night.
Setchell’s men looked set to clinch all three points thanks to goals from captain Jon Fairweather and Josh Ford, but a last-gasp Connor Pilbeam strike denied them the win.
Zak Munton had fired the visitors into an early lead, before Fairweather popped up with his third of the season five minutes before the break.
Ford took his goals tally to double figures in the 87th minute but former Wisbech St Mary star Pilbeam struck late on.
Before that, Wisbech had added their sixth league win with a 3-1 success at Wellingborough Town.
You may also want to watch:
A depleted Wisbech XI, which featured four teenagers, fell behind early on but Ford levelled from 30 yards.
Billy Smith headed in a Kieran Hamilton cross to give the visitors the advantage before Ford struck his second to tie up the points.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
Wisbech host lowly Northampton ON Chenecks on Saturday (3pm).