Last-minute signing makes shock debut for Wisbech Town in crucial FA Vase clash
WISBECH Town have been boosted by a last-minute transfer coup as former Peterborough United midfielder Callum Reed makes a shock debut in their crucial FA Vase clash with Wroxham today.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby secured the signature of the talented 20 year-old just hours before the biggest game of their season so far.
It will give the Wisbech boss a much-needed option in midfield, with Luke Kennedy, Lewis Thompson, Matt Lunn and Paul Jones all missing.
Reed, who has signed from Evo-Stick Division One South side Stamford, started his playing career as a youth at Peterborough United and Nottingham Forest before signing for Soham Town Rangers in 2009.
The talented midfielder will be hoping to inspire the Fenmen to an FA Vase triumph against Wroxham, after the Yachtsmen beat them 3-1 in the league two weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech had been battling to sign highly-rated Grantham midfielder Adam Millson, but the 21 year-old is thought to have accepted an offer to join fierce rivals King’s Lynn.
A full match report will follow.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary