Last-minute signing makes shock debut for Wisbech Town in crucial FA Vase clash
WISBECH Town have been boosted by a last-minute transfer coup as former Peterborough United midfielder Callum Reed makes a shock debut in their crucial FA Vase clash with Wroxham today.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby secured the signature of the talented 20 year-old just hours before the biggest game of their season so far.
It will give the Wisbech boss a much-needed option in midfield, with Luke Kennedy, Lewis Thompson, Matt Lunn and Paul Jones all missing.
Reed, who has signed from Evo-Stick Division One South side Stamford, started his playing career as a youth at Peterborough United and Nottingham Forest before signing for Soham Town Rangers in 2009.
The talented midfielder will be hoping to inspire the Fenmen to an FA Vase triumph against Wroxham, after the Yachtsmen beat them 3-1 in the league two weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech had been battling to sign highly-rated Grantham midfielder Adam Millson, but the 21 year-old is thought to have accepted an offer to join fierce rivals King’s Lynn.
A full match report will follow.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed