Last gasp Cubberley winner for Wisbech Town against Ely City
A STOPPAGE time winner from Scott Cubberley saw Wisbech Town beat local rivals Ely City and stretch their unbeaten run to nine games. The Fenmen are now sixth in the Ridgeon s Premier League table, but were lucky to take all three points.
RIDGEON'S PREMIER LEAGUE
Wisbech Town 2 Ely City 1
A STOPPAGE time winner from Scott Cubberley saw Wisbech Town beat local rivals Ely City and stretch their unbeaten run to nine games.
The Fenmen are now sixth in the Ridgeon's Premier League table, but were lucky to take all three points.
You may also want to watch:
Ely should have been awarded a penalty in the first half but the referee waved play on. Keeper Alex Street also pulled off a couple of fine saves.
Wisbech took the lead in the 66th minute through Darren Jimson. He came on as a substitute six minutes earlier for Billy Smith.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
But Ely equalised in the 89th minute, only for Cubberley to snatch the points in injury time.
After playing two games a week for more than a month, the Fenmen can now look forward to a weekend off. Their next game is at home against Hadleigh United on November 21.