Last gasp Cubberley winner for Wisbech Town against Ely City
A STOPPAGE time winner from Scott Cubberley saw Wisbech Town beat local rivals Ely City and stretch their unbeaten run to nine games. The Fenmen are now sixth in the Ridgeon s Premier League table, but were lucky to take all three points.
RIDGEON'S PREMIER LEAGUE
Wisbech Town 2 Ely City 1
A STOPPAGE time winner from Scott Cubberley saw Wisbech Town beat local rivals Ely City and stretch their unbeaten run to nine games.
The Fenmen are now sixth in the Ridgeon's Premier League table, but were lucky to take all three points.
Ely should have been awarded a penalty in the first half but the referee waved play on. Keeper Alex Street also pulled off a couple of fine saves.
Wisbech took the lead in the 66th minute through Darren Jimson. He came on as a substitute six minutes earlier for Billy Smith.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 9 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 10 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
But Ely equalised in the 89th minute, only for Cubberley to snatch the points in injury time.
After playing two games a week for more than a month, the Fenmen can now look forward to a weekend off. Their next game is at home against Hadleigh United on November 21.