Twelve becomes two as the ladies of Wisbech Tennis Club get their season under way with a spring tournament
- Credit: Archant
Twelve eventually became two as a group of tennis players from Wisbech got together for an informal competition.
Last Friday Wisbech Tennis Club decided to organise their spring tournament for ladies, held at the courts adjacent to the Hudson Leisure Centre.
It was a competitively fought but friendly encounter and the ladies split into two teams, purple and red.
Each player was invited to keep their own score as the competition got under way.
After five rounds the club had winners - Sophie Tjurina and Sue Beel sharing the honours with Jacqui West and Debbie Payne-English runners up.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies finished the evening, in the traditional way of course, with a buffet in the clubhouse.
Memberships for the current season are now available see http://www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk for further details, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
The club welcomes people of all ages and abilities and promise a friendly environment for those wanting to join.