Kershaw Premier League: Outwell Swifts’ first outing in new kit doesn’t go to plan
- Credit: Archant
Outwell Swifts’ celebrations at unveiling their newly-sponsored kit were short-lived last weekend as Sawston United eased to a 3-0 victory in their Kershaw Premier Division clash.
The Swifts showed off their kit, sponsored by Mick George Ltd, at the Nest in their first game in over a week, but fell a goal behind before half time.
The visitors then netted twice in quick succession to send Mark Secker’s men to their sixth defeat of the season.
Outwell will hope for a response this weekend when they take on Foxton in the Cambs KO Cup.
The Swifts travel to Foxton, who lie one place above them in the Kershaw Senior League, for the first of three straight away matches.
You may also want to watch:
They then face a tricky test at Cambridge City Reserves in the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup on October 8, before taking on Fulbourn Institute the following week.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault