Kershaw Premier League: Outwell Swifts’ first outing in new kit doesn’t go to plan
- Credit: Archant
Outwell Swifts’ celebrations at unveiling their newly-sponsored kit were short-lived last weekend as Sawston United eased to a 3-0 victory in their Kershaw Premier Division clash.
The Swifts showed off their kit, sponsored by Mick George Ltd, at the Nest in their first game in over a week, but fell a goal behind before half time.
The visitors then netted twice in quick succession to send Mark Secker’s men to their sixth defeat of the season.
Outwell will hope for a response this weekend when they take on Foxton in the Cambs KO Cup.
The Swifts travel to Foxton, who lie one place above them in the Kershaw Senior League, for the first of three straight away matches.
You may also want to watch:
They then face a tricky test at Cambridge City Reserves in the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup on October 8, before taking on Fulbourn Institute the following week.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown