Kershaw Premier League: Outwell Swifts’ first outing in new kit doesn’t go to plan
- Credit: Archant
Outwell Swifts’ celebrations at unveiling their newly-sponsored kit were short-lived last weekend as Sawston United eased to a 3-0 victory in their Kershaw Premier Division clash.
The Swifts showed off their kit, sponsored by Mick George Ltd, at the Nest in their first game in over a week, but fell a goal behind before half time.
The visitors then netted twice in quick succession to send Mark Secker’s men to their sixth defeat of the season.
Outwell will hope for a response this weekend when they take on Foxton in the Cambs KO Cup.
The Swifts travel to Foxton, who lie one place above them in the Kershaw Senior League, for the first of three straight away matches.
You may also want to watch:
They then face a tricky test at Cambridge City Reserves in the Cliff Bullen Challenge Cup on October 8, before taking on Fulbourn Institute the following week.
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'