Keep on running! Dozens of runners raise over £500 through FRC charity course
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club’s eight-week ‘Get Running Course’ came to a successful close last week – with over 60 runners helping to raise over £500 for charity.
The course was set up to encourage people in Fenland to get active and enjoy running over eight weeks, culminated with either a three or six mile run.
This year’s charity run was in aid the British Limbless Ex-Servicemen’s Association (BLESMA) and an impressive total of £550 was raised for the charity.
FRC members then took to competitive action in the Heckington Village Show.
The Sleaford-based run hosted 202 runners and the Fenland club experienced success in both the Ladies Team and LV60 races.
You may also want to watch:
Maire Irlam, Sarah Gauvin and Ellen Connolly combined to take the Ladies Team title, before Jane Greenwood sprinted home in first in the LV60.
Full results: Martin Jennings (20th) 1:03:06; John Chapman (63rd) 1:13:01; Maire Irlam 1:14:28; Sarah Gauvin (83rd) 1:16:19; Ellen Connolly (84th) 1:17:10 (PB); Jay Gilbert (93rd) 1:19:24 (PB); Carol Bowett (117th) 1:22:25 (PB); Jane Greenwood (147th) 1:26:21, Nicky Jennings (DNF).
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed