Keep on running! Dozens of runners raise over £500 through FRC charity course
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club’s eight-week ‘Get Running Course’ came to a successful close last week – with over 60 runners helping to raise over £500 for charity.
The course was set up to encourage people in Fenland to get active and enjoy running over eight weeks, culminated with either a three or six mile run.
This year’s charity run was in aid the British Limbless Ex-Servicemen’s Association (BLESMA) and an impressive total of £550 was raised for the charity.
FRC members then took to competitive action in the Heckington Village Show.
The Sleaford-based run hosted 202 runners and the Fenland club experienced success in both the Ladies Team and LV60 races.
You may also want to watch:
Maire Irlam, Sarah Gauvin and Ellen Connolly combined to take the Ladies Team title, before Jane Greenwood sprinted home in first in the LV60.
Full results: Martin Jennings (20th) 1:03:06; John Chapman (63rd) 1:13:01; Maire Irlam 1:14:28; Sarah Gauvin (83rd) 1:16:19; Ellen Connolly (84th) 1:17:10 (PB); Jay Gilbert (93rd) 1:19:24 (PB); Carol Bowett (117th) 1:22:25 (PB); Jane Greenwood (147th) 1:26:21, Nicky Jennings (DNF).
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’