BOXING: Fenland fighters Joe Steed and Bernardo Marime extend their unbeaten records
- Credit: Archant
Fenland fighters Joe Steed and Bernardo Marime maintained their unbeaten records with victories in Norwich.
Wisbech star Steed made it seven out of seven with a 40:36 super-welterweight win over Richard Samuels at The Halls last Friday.
Steed was always on top but a little frustrated perhaps by Samuels' defensive style, although the man from Dulwich rarely troubled the 22-year-old.
Marime, who lives in March, is a great entertainer, with a heavy punch, and Lee Hallett could do little to prevent him romping to a 40:36 win.
There were signs that Mozambique-born welterweight Marime, in his second professional outing, could finish it early thanks to some slick footwork and heavy fists, but Hallett is a hardy opponent and managed to make it through the four rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Steed and Marime are trained in Norwich by Graham Everett and former European champion Jon Thaxton.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition