Joe Perry out of Welsh Open despite best performance in months
JOE PERRY is hoping he has turned a corner after producing his best performance in months in Wednesday s 5-3 Welsh Open first round defeat to Graeme Dott. The Chatteris snooker player has been enduring one of the worst periods of his 18-year career. He lo
JOE PERRY is hoping he has turned a corner after producing his best performance in months in Wednesday's 5-3 Welsh Open first round defeat to Graeme Dott.
The Chatteris snooker player has been enduring one of the worst periods of his 18-year career.
He lost 6-0 to Ryan Day in the Pokerstars.com Masters at Wembley earlier this month.
Perry said: "I'm more disappointed with this defeat than when I lost 6-0. It was the best I've played in a long time. I felt very good and only missed two balls but still lost.
"I was very unlucky with a couple of kicks and was punished. Both Graeme and I complained about the table afterwards.
"Snooker has a way of kicking you in the teeth when you're down and it's very frustrating.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
"But I'll be over the moon if I continue to play like that this season. I've sought help from a few people, put a lot of extra time in on the practice table and made a massive improvement in my game. I really couldn't have asked to play any better."
Dott, the world No. 28, was due to take on either John Higgins or Michael Judge in the second round last night.
World No. 12 Perry's next match will be in China in eight weeks.