Joe Perry out of Welsh Open despite best performance in months
JOE PERRY is hoping he has turned a corner after producing his best performance in months in Wednesday s 5-3 Welsh Open first round defeat to Graeme Dott. The Chatteris snooker player has been enduring one of the worst periods of his 18-year career. He lo
JOE PERRY is hoping he has turned a corner after producing his best performance in months in Wednesday's 5-3 Welsh Open first round defeat to Graeme Dott.
The Chatteris snooker player has been enduring one of the worst periods of his 18-year career.
He lost 6-0 to Ryan Day in the Pokerstars.com Masters at Wembley earlier this month.
Perry said: "I'm more disappointed with this defeat than when I lost 6-0. It was the best I've played in a long time. I felt very good and only missed two balls but still lost.
You may also want to watch:
"I was very unlucky with a couple of kicks and was punished. Both Graeme and I complained about the table afterwards.
"Snooker has a way of kicking you in the teeth when you're down and it's very frustrating.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
"But I'll be over the moon if I continue to play like that this season. I've sought help from a few people, put a lot of extra time in on the practice table and made a massive improvement in my game. I really couldn't have asked to play any better."
Dott, the world No. 28, was due to take on either John Higgins or Michael Judge in the second round last night.
World No. 12 Perry's next match will be in China in eight weeks.