‘It’s a joke’: Jody Cundy criticises UCI’s decision to hold Para-Cycling World Championships in just seven weeks’ time
- Credit: onEdition
Jody Cundy has slammed the UCI’s decision to hold a Para-Cycling World Championships in seven weeks’ time, calling it a “joke.”
The UCI confirmed on Monday (January 9) that the world event is to take place in Los Angeles from 2-5 March, meaning athletes have just seven weeks to prepare.
And Cundy, who won two gold medals in last year’s World Championships, took to Twitter to criticise the lack of notice given.
“So it’s really happening, 7 weeks notice for a World Championships. Will anyone turn up? Poor Logistics teams,” he said.
“I’m all up for racing and new events, but a full blown world champs with 7weeks notice. Seriously what a joke.
You may also want to watch:
“Why do the @UCI_cycling think it’s acceptable to give 7weeks official notice of a World Championships? They expecting any riders to turn up?”
The event will be the first to be held in the year after a Paralympic games.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 7 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour