Irlam wins category prize at Eye 10km while Jennings achieves high placed finish at Manchester 10km
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Plume was first Fenland Running Club competitor home at the Eye 10km.
Plume finished 17th out of 513 finishers in 37 minutes 27 seconds. Maire Irlam won the lady vet-50 category in 43 minutes 46 seconds.
Eye 10km results: Andrew Plume 17th 37.27; Rod Sinnott 63rd 41.45; Tom Richards 80th 43.14; Maire Irlam 91st 43.46; Paul Weigand 98th 44.20; John Shaw 108th 44.49; Adam Chown 109th 44.50; John Chapman 120th 45.28; Sarah Gauvin 180th 48.48; Dave Hood 210th 50.21; Pasquale Ruggiero 51.20; Paulina Zub 239th 51.42; Larissa Follen 305th 55.51; Julie Garner 349th 58.10; Neil Bailey 410th 1.03.04; Tracy Farr 490th 1.13.14.
Nicky Jennings, in her first marathon, in Milton Keynes came 447th of 1,559 runners and 14th lady vet-40 out of 136 in 3.50.31.
Andre Pittock and Marc Martin completed the Milton Keynes half marathon in 139th place in 1.36.03 and 696th place in 1.57.16 respectively out of 1,677 finishers.
You may also want to watch:
In Manchester, Martin Jennings ran in the Manchester 10km alongside some big celebrity names and came home in a personal best (36.29). He was 103rd out of about 40,000 entrants.
At the Dereham Runners 10 mile race, in a field of 284 runners, Clive Harrod was 48th (1.11.30) and Ian Milburn was 68th and second in the male vet-65 category (1.13.13).
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 4 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000