INLINE SPEED SKATING: Wisbech’s Eve McInerney to make Great Britain bow
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Speed Skaters talent Eve McInerney is to represent Great Britain at the European Championships in Portugal next month.
The 15-year-old sealed her national place thanks to a speedy performance at a qualifier in Germany, recording a time of four minutes and 37 seconds in a 3km race.
The news follows another successful weekend for the club, this time at Tatem Park in Enfield.
Flynn McGurk scooped gold in both the 2,000m category three and 1,000m races, with Warren Eve and Lucy McInerney sharing the podium with him in the second of those races.
Arthur Buckler, seven, finished as runner-up in the category five race but took first place in the Mini-Boys challenge. James Eve also brought a gold medal home by winning the Scholar Boys race.
You may also want to watch:
The team is now preparing for their next race on Sunday June 18.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 9 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze