In-form Wisbech Swimming Club begin defence of Anglian league in emphatic fashion
WISBECH started their defence of the Anglian Swimming League title in emphatic fashion after edging St Ives in the first round.
The holders raced into an early lead with wins in their first seven events, and some remarkable times.
The senior swimmers led the way with Tom Marsters, Danielle Rayner and Tom Kelly grabbing double wins. Robson Pack also added a double victory, breaking a cut-off time for the 200m Individual Medley in the process.
Wisbech were pushed all the way by St Ives but held on to win with 92 points. The club’s swimmers produced 14 1st places and 15 personal bests in a memorable display.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech 92, St Ives 84, St Neots 66, West Norfolk 66.
1st Tom Marsters Open 100m Individual Medley, Danielle Rayner Open100m Individual Medley pb, Open 50m Butterfly, Daniel Dale 15/U 100m Butterfly pb, Emily Pilbeam 15/U 100m Butterfly, Lorimer Thomas 13/U 100m Freestyle pb, Remi Clare 13/U 100m Freestyle pb, Tom Kelly Open 50m Backstroke pb, Open 50m Freestyle, Robson Pack 13/U 200m Individual Medley pb, 13/U 100m Butterfly pb, Abigail Foley 15/U 200m Individual Medley pb, Grace Cherry 13/U 100m Butterfly pb, 6x50m Freestyle Relay Tom Marsters, Danielle Rayner, Daniel Dale, Emily Pilbeam, Tom Hewitt, Grace Cherry,
- 1 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 2 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 3 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 4 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 5 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 7 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 8 Men caught with cannabis at village park
- 9 Showcase status for Academy
- 10 Community orchard to launch next month
2nd Emily Pilbeam 15/U100m Breaststroke, Tom Marsters Open 50m Butterfly, Hannah Brown 15/U 100m Freestyle, Lorimer Thomas 13/U 100m Backstroke pb, Katie Bell Open 50m Freestyle, Will Bell Open 50m Breaststroke pb, Kate Newton 15/U 100m Backstroke pb,
3rd Liam Carey 15/U 100m Breaststroke pb, 15/U 100m Backstroke, Emily Kelly 13/U 200m Individual Medley pb, Daniel Dale 15/U 100m Freestyle, Katie Bell Open 50m Breaststroke,
4th Grace Cherry Open 50m Backstroke, Remi Clare 13/U 100m Backstroke pb, Daniel Dale 15/U 200m Individual Medley, Tom Hewitt 13/U 100m Breaststroke, Emily Kelly 13/U 100m Breaststroke