Happy birthday Hungate Rovers! Emneth-based club to celebrate 40 years this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Hungate Rovers are celebrating the club’s 40th anniversary in style.
The Emneth-based club is holding an anniversary party at Mendis in Wisbech on Saturday (21) to mark four decades in Fenland.
The green-and-yellows have a host of clubs of all ages playing across five different leagues in Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
The club’s chairman, Lorraine Hodgson, said: “I have been involved with the club for 20 years and have seen some huge changes in that time.
“When I first joined the club was running six teams and it has steadily grown into running two teams at each age group from under sixes through to under 18s.
“Two of the club’s founder members still live locally and their family members will play for and support the club. We’re extremely proud to still be wearing the yellow and green colours as the first team did back in 1977.”
For more information, call Lorraine on 07751 581216.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim