Hudson Indoor Bowls Club opens it’s doors to full house, including the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech!
- Credit: Archant
It was all smiles as The Hudson Indoor Bowls Club – formally known as the Wisbech Indoor Bowls Club - officially opened its doors to a full house on Saturday afternoon.
Among the 70 to 80 people in attendance were David and Judy Hodgson, the Mayor and Mayoress of Wisbech.
The members arrived in their bowls uniform of white polo’s and grey trousers and began a match after the opening.
Roger Rawson, club helper, said: “It was very, very successful and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
“We now have 115 members signed up and some leagues have started.”
You may also want to watch:
The re-opening comes after the original club closed in September.
It was forced to close because of a dispute with Fenland District Council over £16,000 of rent arrears debt – believed to have been racked up by its previous committee and treasurer.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham