Home is where the heart is! Danny Emmington returns to Wisbech St Mary after King’s Lynn Town spell
- Credit: Archant
Defender Danny Emmington has returned to Wisbech St Mary after a spell at King’s Lynn Town.
Emmington, 22, was snapped up by Gary Setchell’s Linnets in September last year after impressing at Step 6 level.
However, Emmington found his playing time limited at the Walks and decided to swap the yellow of Lynn for the purple of St Mary this week.
The Saints’ manager, Arran Duke, said: “I’m obviously delighted to have him back.
“Danny is a big addition going into a busy period of football and it shows how far we’ve come as a club to have a player who’s made it three steps up the ladder wanting to come back.”
You may also want to watch:
Emmington was a mainstay in St Mary’s promotion-winning side last season, but Duke says an instant return to the starting line-up that has impressed in the Thurlow Nunn First Division isn’t guaranteed.
“Danny knows he’s going to have to work hard and keep his standards high,” Duke said.
- 1 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 2 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 ‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 9 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 10 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
“We’ve got a very good group already and this addition makes us stronger still. I’m looking forward to having him as an option.”
The Saints are without a game this weekend and return to action on January 28 when they host high-flying Woodbridge Town (3pm).