Home archers on target
SEVENTY five archers came to Wimblington on Sunday to compete in Parkfield Archers fourth annual open on Sunday. Competitors hailed from 13 clubs across East Anglia and competed in 10 categories. The home club enjoyed several successes. Angela Watson
SEVENTY five archers came to Wimblington on Sunday to compete in Parkfield Archers' fourth annual open on Sunday.
Competitors hailed from 13 clubs across East Anglia and competed in 10 categories.
The home club enjoyed several successes.
Angela Watson won the ladies' recurve section and Alex Fletcher came third in men's recurve.
You may also want to watch:
Julie Larham came second in the ladies' longbow and the Parkfield club dominated the men's barebow with Roger Watson first, Wayne Bush second and Del Conway third.
In the junior competitions, Harry Silvester came first in the men's recurve and Andrew Charter came third, despite the fact that he has only been shooting for eight weeks.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
Sally Watson and Sophie Bush came first and second respectively in the junior ladies' longbow while Tom Searle came first and Peter Fletcher, second, in the junior men's longbow.
Meanwhile, Pauline Slack, from Fenland Archers, won the won the ladies' longbow section and her club mates Roz Payne and John Payne secured thirds in the ladies' recurve and men's longbow respectively.
Parkfield Archers will be holding a 24-hour shoot to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
This will start at 6pm on Friday, June 20 at Skylark Garden Centre, Manea Road, Wimblington.
Non members are welcome to come and have a go, from 10am-noon and 2-4pm on the Saturday at a cost of £1 for three arrows.