Home archers on target
SEVENTY five archers came to Wimblington on Sunday to compete in Parkfield Archers fourth annual open on Sunday. Competitors hailed from 13 clubs across East Anglia and competed in 10 categories. The home club enjoyed several successes. Angela Watson
SEVENTY five archers came to Wimblington on Sunday to compete in Parkfield Archers' fourth annual open on Sunday.
Competitors hailed from 13 clubs across East Anglia and competed in 10 categories.
The home club enjoyed several successes.
Angela Watson won the ladies' recurve section and Alex Fletcher came third in men's recurve.
Julie Larham came second in the ladies' longbow and the Parkfield club dominated the men's barebow with Roger Watson first, Wayne Bush second and Del Conway third.
In the junior competitions, Harry Silvester came first in the men's recurve and Andrew Charter came third, despite the fact that he has only been shooting for eight weeks.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 5 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 6 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
Sally Watson and Sophie Bush came first and second respectively in the junior ladies' longbow while Tom Searle came first and Peter Fletcher, second, in the junior men's longbow.
Meanwhile, Pauline Slack, from Fenland Archers, won the won the ladies' longbow section and her club mates Roz Payne and John Payne secured thirds in the ladies' recurve and men's longbow respectively.
Parkfield Archers will be holding a 24-hour shoot to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
This will start at 6pm on Friday, June 20 at Skylark Garden Centre, Manea Road, Wimblington.
Non members are welcome to come and have a go, from 10am-noon and 2-4pm on the Saturday at a cost of £1 for three arrows.