HOCKEY: Wisbech team miss out on first win in final fixture of 2017
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Ladies 2nds missed out on a first East Women’s League win of the season in their final fixture of 2017.
The local ladies had hopes to open their Division Two North-West account in a re-arranged clash against Long Sutton last Saturday, but they succumbed to a 3-0 defeat - their ninth successive loss this term.
Wisbech 2nds started brightly and had the majority of the possession, but fell behind against the run of play. Two further goals followed before half-time to put the match beyond them.
Wisbech applied pressure in the second half when earning a couple of short corners but being unable to provide a finishing touch.
Meg Fey and Lorraine Parker both played superbly in defence and shared the player of the match accolade.
You may also want to watch:
The hockey season resumes in earnest this weekend following a winter break.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires