HOCKEY: Wisbech team miss out on first win in final fixture of 2017
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Ladies 2nds missed out on a first East Women’s League win of the season in their final fixture of 2017.
The local ladies had hopes to open their Division Two North-West account in a re-arranged clash against Long Sutton last Saturday, but they succumbed to a 3-0 defeat - their ninth successive loss this term.
Wisbech 2nds started brightly and had the majority of the possession, but fell behind against the run of play. Two further goals followed before half-time to put the match beyond them.
Wisbech applied pressure in the second half when earning a couple of short corners but being unable to provide a finishing touch.
Meg Fey and Lorraine Parker both played superbly in defence and shared the player of the match accolade.
You may also want to watch:
The hockey season resumes in earnest this weekend following a winter break.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'