HOCKEY: Stannard strikes a hat-trick as Wisbech Town seconds hit six
- Credit: Archant
Dom Stannard hit an excellent hat-trick as Wisbech Town’s second side ran out 6-1 winners over Alford & District last Saturday.
Stannard’s treble was supported by strikes from Gary Freear, Danny Haynes and Jonny Garner as the town outfit added their sixth win of the season to stay at the top of Division Three North-West.
The firsts, however, were less successful. They were hammered 5-1 by Wapping Forest in the Premier B Division.
The thirds came out victorious in a five-goal thriller in Division Five North-West. They edged Horncastle 2nds 3-2 thanks to goals from Charlie Slayley, Elliot Peck and Josh Porter.
The 4ths were held to a 1-1 draw by Bourne Deeping 5ths. Howard Atkins scored the Wisbech goal in that game.
It was a disappointing weekend for all the club’s women’s sides in action.
The firsts loss 3-1 to Dereham, with Jane Peggs scoring the consolation goal, and the seconds fell to a heavy 5-0 defeat to Peterborough 2nds.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys