HOCKEY: Stannard strikes a hat-trick as Wisbech Town seconds hit six
- Credit: Archant
Dom Stannard hit an excellent hat-trick as Wisbech Town’s second side ran out 6-1 winners over Alford & District last Saturday.
Stannard’s treble was supported by strikes from Gary Freear, Danny Haynes and Jonny Garner as the town outfit added their sixth win of the season to stay at the top of Division Three North-West.
The firsts, however, were less successful. They were hammered 5-1 by Wapping Forest in the Premier B Division.
The thirds came out victorious in a five-goal thriller in Division Five North-West. They edged Horncastle 2nds 3-2 thanks to goals from Charlie Slayley, Elliot Peck and Josh Porter.
The 4ths were held to a 1-1 draw by Bourne Deeping 5ths. Howard Atkins scored the Wisbech goal in that game.
You may also want to watch:
It was a disappointing weekend for all the club’s women’s sides in action.
The firsts loss 3-1 to Dereham, with Jane Peggs scoring the consolation goal, and the seconds fell to a heavy 5-0 defeat to Peterborough 2nds.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 History of family-run car firm revealed in new autobiography