HOCKEY: St. Ives tournament success for young Wisbech side
- Credit: Archant
The future is bright for Wisbech’s young hockey teams.
The club’s under 14s were crowned champions at the St. Ives Junior Tournament after defeating local rivals March, St. Ives and St Neots.
The youngsters took top spot thanks to goals from player of the tournament Jamie Hallat, Ryan Jackson and Josh Bell, who was top goal scorer with seven.
Wisbech’s under 12s also impressed in their first display as a team, with James Bateman, Olliee Smithee, Lewis Stapleton, Freddie Robinson, Ruby Warren, Amelia Mitchell starring, as well as Oliver Overland, Seb Bell and Olivia Jackson from the under 10s.
The under 10s finished in second in their age category thanks to top displays from Oliver Overland, who scored four goals, Matthew Boyall, who hit two, and Olivia Jackson, who shared the player of the tournament crown with Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Charlie Baxter said: “They have all made outstanding progress and I’m looking forward to seeing further improvements next season.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late