HOCKEY: St. Ives tournament success for young Wisbech side
- Credit: Archant
The future is bright for Wisbech’s young hockey teams.
The club’s under 14s were crowned champions at the St. Ives Junior Tournament after defeating local rivals March, St. Ives and St Neots.
The youngsters took top spot thanks to goals from player of the tournament Jamie Hallat, Ryan Jackson and Josh Bell, who was top goal scorer with seven.
Wisbech’s under 12s also impressed in their first display as a team, with James Bateman, Olliee Smithee, Lewis Stapleton, Freddie Robinson, Ruby Warren, Amelia Mitchell starring, as well as Oliver Overland, Seb Bell and Olivia Jackson from the under 10s.
The under 10s finished in second in their age category thanks to top displays from Oliver Overland, who scored four goals, Matthew Boyall, who hit two, and Olivia Jackson, who shared the player of the tournament crown with Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Charlie Baxter said: “They have all made outstanding progress and I’m looking forward to seeing further improvements next season.”
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 7 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 8 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors