Hockey round-up: Wisbech ladies’ first team slip to opening day defeat
WISBECH ladies’ first team slipped to a 4-1 defeat against Holcombe in their first game in the Premier Division.
Jane Peggs scored for last season’s Division One North champions Wisbech as they tasted their first league defeat in a year.
• WISBECH ladies’ II were unable to add to last weekend’s win as they lost 3-1 at home to Spalding. Player of the match Laura Overland scored her side’s goal. The club’s third team lost 3-0 at home to City of Peterborough IV.
• ROBYN Gribble’s hat-trick helped Long Sutton ladies’ first team begin their Division Two North-West campaign with a 3-0 victory over Cambridge City III.
• LONG Sutton ladies’ II lost 1-0 to Woodhall Spa thanks largely to a fine display from the Spa ‘keeper.
• LONG Sutton men’s first team lost their last pre-season friendly 1-0 at Norwich.
• FRED Whatling bagged a brace as Long Sutton men’s II beat March Town II 4-2 in a pre-season game. Adam Wiles and Jason Mallet scored Sutton’s other goals.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
• IN their first friendly match of the season Long Sutton Men’s IV got thumped 7-0 by March IV.