Hockey round-up: Wisbech ladies’ first team slip to opening day defeat
WISBECH ladies’ first team slipped to a 4-1 defeat against Holcombe in their first game in the Premier Division.
Jane Peggs scored for last season’s Division One North champions Wisbech as they tasted their first league defeat in a year.
• WISBECH ladies’ II were unable to add to last weekend’s win as they lost 3-1 at home to Spalding. Player of the match Laura Overland scored her side’s goal. The club’s third team lost 3-0 at home to City of Peterborough IV.
• ROBYN Gribble’s hat-trick helped Long Sutton ladies’ first team begin their Division Two North-West campaign with a 3-0 victory over Cambridge City III.
• LONG Sutton ladies’ II lost 1-0 to Woodhall Spa thanks largely to a fine display from the Spa ‘keeper.
You may also want to watch:
• LONG Sutton men’s first team lost their last pre-season friendly 1-0 at Norwich.
• FRED Whatling bagged a brace as Long Sutton men’s II beat March Town II 4-2 in a pre-season game. Adam Wiles and Jason Mallet scored Sutton’s other goals.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
• IN their first friendly match of the season Long Sutton Men’s IV got thumped 7-0 by March IV.