HOCKEY ROUND-UP: March firsts thrash St Neots but Wisbech seconds lose to Cambs Uni
Men s Division 2N St Neots I 0 March Town I 7 MARCH followed up the previous week s victory over league leaders Felixstowe with a comfortable win over rock bottom St Neots. St Neots, however, played good hockey for the first 20 minutes and put the March d
Men's Division 2N
St Neots I 0 March Town I 7
MARCH followed up the previous week's victory over league leaders Felixstowe with a comfortable win over rock bottom St Neots.
St Neots, however, played good hockey for the first 20 minutes and put the March defence under pressure several times.
You may also want to watch:
Jody Betts put the visitors ahead and goals from Dan Shirley, James Mansfield, Josh Birt and Simon Coe made it 5-0 at half-time.
Jody Betts scored two fine individual goals including a dribbling run from his own half, to seal the win.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
Andy Wright was man of the match.
Men's Division 3NW
Wisbech Town II 1 Cambs Uni III 4
DESPITE the result Wisbech produced some of their best hockey of the season.
Three goals from short corners gave Cambs Uni a 3-0 half-time lead.
Wisbech came out fighting in the second half, producing some excellent hockey. Cambs Uni added to their score before a terrific piece of play allowed Tom P3eggs to strike into an empty net.
Men's Division 4NW
Wisbech Town III 4 St Neots II 2
WISBECH further stretched their lead over the rest of the pack with a hard fought win.
Exceptional defending repelled early Wisbech pressure before goals from Jimmy Turner and James Williams put them 2-0 up.
St Neots refused to fold, and fought back strongly to level the game at the break.
A swift half-time rollicking roused Wisbech and Phil Norman put them 3-2 up before skipper Dom Stannard converted a half chance.
Man of the match was James Williams.
March Town III 3 Spalding II 5
WITH only four of the regular team available March were rightly pleased with the outcome of this game.
Despite losing to the stronger team the March youngsters battled well and played some good hockey.
Spalding were 4-2 ahead at half-time but the second half was much closer.
March goals came from old guards Charlie Boughton and Gary Howsam and youngster Matthew Lakey.