Hockey round-up: It’s another miserable weekend for Wisbech as just one town side take all three points
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a disappointing season for Wisbech Town Hockey Club so far, and if the weekend’s results are anything to go by, the disappointment could be set to continue.
Only one of seven town sides in action was victorious, with the others conceding 45 goals between them.
The men’s 4ths match with Long Sutton 4ths was the only highlight, with the East Leagues Division Six North-West (North) outfit easing to a 3-1 success.
The firsts hit five goals past Waltham Forest firsts in the Premier B Division, but unfortunately the Londoners replied with seven of their own, meaning Wisbech prop up the division.
The 2nds were edged 1-0 by Spalding 3rds in Division Three North-West, and the 3rds were hammered 14-0 by league-toppers Cambridge City 5ths in Division Four North-West.
You may also want to watch:
The town’s ladies had a similarly miserable weekend, with all three sides failing to find the net.
The firsts were beaten 2-0 by Bedford firsts in the Premier Division, while the 2nds, pictured, were brushed aside 4-0 by Division Two North-West high-flyers Spalding 1sts.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad
And finally, the 3rds were battered 15-0 by title chasers, Pelicans firsts in Divison Three North-West.