Hockey round-up: It’s another miserable weekend for Wisbech as just one town side take all three points
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a disappointing season for Wisbech Town Hockey Club so far, and if the weekend’s results are anything to go by, the disappointment could be set to continue.
Only one of seven town sides in action was victorious, with the others conceding 45 goals between them.
The men’s 4ths match with Long Sutton 4ths was the only highlight, with the East Leagues Division Six North-West (North) outfit easing to a 3-1 success.
The firsts hit five goals past Waltham Forest firsts in the Premier B Division, but unfortunately the Londoners replied with seven of their own, meaning Wisbech prop up the division.
The 2nds were edged 1-0 by Spalding 3rds in Division Three North-West, and the 3rds were hammered 14-0 by league-toppers Cambridge City 5ths in Division Four North-West.
You may also want to watch:
The town’s ladies had a similarly miserable weekend, with all three sides failing to find the net.
The firsts were beaten 2-0 by Bedford firsts in the Premier Division, while the 2nds, pictured, were brushed aside 4-0 by Division Two North-West high-flyers Spalding 1sts.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
And finally, the 3rds were battered 15-0 by title chasers, Pelicans firsts in Divison Three North-West.