Players get back into the groove as hockey returns to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Hockey Club got back into the groove following a lengthy lay-off.
The club held a ‘back to play’ day at their Harecroft Road home on Saturday, September 5, where junior and senior teams played in an in-house tournament.
In the morning, the juniors were in action while the ladies’ teams did battle against one another.
The men’s team also got involved with the ladies’ 1sts against a strong men’s veterans side, where the men ran out comfortable winners.
A fun-filled day was wrapped up when the men’s 3rds and 4ths faced each other.
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesperson said: “It was brilliant to see everyone playing once again. All current Covid guidelines were in place and adhered to throughout the day’s activities and thanks go to all involved.”
Clubs are allowed to play either inter-club or friendly matches in accordance with step four of England Hockey’s ‘return to play’ guidance.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
All junior training takes place between 9-10am on Saturdays; men’s and ladies’ training starts at 6.45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For more information on the club’s Covid guidelines and track and trace policy, message men’s captain Jason Mallett or ladies’ captain Jo Gomm through the club’s Facebook page.
For further details on how to join, visit Wisbech Town Hockey Club’s Facebook page.