Players get back into the groove as hockey returns to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Hockey Club got back into the groove following a lengthy lay-off.
The club held a ‘back to play’ day at their Harecroft Road home on Saturday, September 5, where junior and senior teams played in an in-house tournament.
In the morning, the juniors were in action while the ladies’ teams did battle against one another.
The men’s team also got involved with the ladies’ 1sts against a strong men’s veterans side, where the men ran out comfortable winners.
A fun-filled day was wrapped up when the men’s 3rds and 4ths faced each other.
A club spokesperson said: “It was brilliant to see everyone playing once again. All current Covid guidelines were in place and adhered to throughout the day’s activities and thanks go to all involved.”
Clubs are allowed to play either inter-club or friendly matches in accordance with step four of England Hockey’s ‘return to play’ guidance.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 6 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 7 Sex offender case adjourned due to judge's concerns
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
All junior training takes place between 9-10am on Saturdays; men’s and ladies’ training starts at 6.45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For more information on the club’s Covid guidelines and track and trace policy, message men’s captain Jason Mallett or ladies’ captain Jo Gomm through the club’s Facebook page.
For further details on how to join, visit Wisbech Town Hockey Club’s Facebook page.