Harrison, Leona and Sam earn recognition as Wisbech Swimming Club revels in fantastic County Championships showing
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Swimming Club’s prospects enjoyed stunning success at the 2015 County Championships.
After a month’s fine competition, Wisbech brought home a haul of ten gold, 15 silver and 13 bronze medals.
Harrison Smith was ranked first in the British Age Group Category awards for nine year-old boys, Leona Ryan took second in the British Age Group Category awards for nine year-old girls and Sam Smith third in the British Age Group Category awards for 10 year-old boys.
Lucy O’Neil won her event in the nine year-olds age group with a club record.
The club entered relay teams into 19 events, achieving its best result with third in the 4×50m 11 and under boys’ medley.
You may also want to watch:
Looking back on the competition, head coach Greg Marsters said: “I’m very pleased with our results, from a very young collection of swimmers, some competing at this level for the first time.
“We delivered 119 personal best swims from 159 swims overall, which close to a 75 per cent success rate. It’s testament to the work the swimmers put in during their preparation.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident