Hares rue missed chances
MARCH Town United were desperately unlucky to not take full points when they were held to a 1-1 home Ridgeons Division One draw with Diss on Saturday. Stuart Anderson gave The Hares a dream start when he collected Ryan McGeorge s through-ball and fired t
MARCH Town United were desperately unlucky to not take full points when they were held to a 1-1 home Ridgeons Division One draw with Diss on Saturday.
Stuart Anderson gave The Hares a dream start when he collected Ryan McGeorge's through-ball and fired them into a 1-0 lead after just two minutes.
Another good through-ball gave Luke Pepper a good chance to double the advantage minutes later, but the midfielder shot wide.
A hail storm made things difficult in the second half and as McGeorge attempted to clear his lines the ball skidded off his leg and into the net for Diss's equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
But five minutes from time Anderson missed a great chance to grab a winner for March, but shot wide from six yards.
March continue their push for a top 10 spot when they take on Stowmarket at home tomorrow.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition