Hares hit for six in quarter-final clash
RIDGEONS FIRST DIVISION KNOCK OUT CUP, QUARTER-FINAL March Town United 0 Hadleigh United 6 MARCH boss Brett Whaley faces a tough task lifting his players for Saturday s league match at Stowmarket after league leaders Hadleigh inflicted their second win ov
RIDGEONS FIRST DIVISION KNOCK OUT CUP, QUARTER-FINAL
March Town United 0 Hadleigh United 6
MARCH boss Brett Whaley faces a tough task lifting his players for Saturday's league match at Stowmarket after league leaders Hadleigh inflicted their second win over the Hares in four days in devastating fashion.
March chairman Phil White had described Tuesday night's quarter-final as his club's biggest match of the season.
The Hares started brightly and kept possession well for the first 10 minutes but the Suffolk club's class shone through and they stormed into a 4-0 lead by half-time.
Hadleigh added two more to book their semi-final place.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
And on Saturday March were unfortunate to not earn a point when they lost a league match 1-0 at Hadleigh.
Hadleigh took the lead before the break, when a striker scored from a rebound after one of Chris Anker's many fine saves.
March skipper Luke Pepper inspired his side to an impressive second-half fight back and in the closing minutes Finlay Clarkson saw his fine effort tipped onto the crossbar by the Hadleigh goalkeeper.
Stowmarket beat Halstead Town 1-0 away in the league on Saturday to claim their second successive win and clean sheet.
They are one place above March in 11th.