Hallatt hits a half-century as Wisbech lads capture county crown
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Under 15s are celebrating a notable first.
The youngsters became the first junior side from the club to be crowned Cambs Youth Cricket Association (CYCA) Cup winners.
They beat Foxton by nine wickets in the final of the 20-overs competition at Burwell last Sunday.
Jamie Hallatt retired after hitting a fine half-century as Wisbech breezed past Foxton’s posting of 156-3 with more than two overs to spare.
Hallett made 51 in a faultless innings while Lewis Shipley (37no), Adam Whittaker (22) and Lewis Jackson (21no) also contributed with the bat.
You may also want to watch:
Shipley and Jackson confidently saw Wisbech home to complete a fine all-round team performance.
The Wisbech lads beat Chatteris, City of Ely and Cambridge St Giles in previous rounds.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Wisbech team vs Foxton: Alfie Drew, George Gowler, Jamie Hallatt, Lewis Jackson, Ryan Jackson, Finlay Murdoch, William Pentelow, Josh Porter (capt), Lewis Shipley, Travis Stapleton, Adam Whittaker.