Half marathon challenges are no match for fearless Fenland Running Club stars
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members clocked up a whopping 255 miles last Sunday by competing in two separate events.
Sixteen Fenland stars added 13.1 miles apiece by running the Cambridge City Half Marathon, while three were busy racking up the miles at the MK Festival of Running.
Tim Chapman took the honours as fastest FRC member home in the Cambridge Half Marathon, crossing the line in one hour, 30 minutes and 48 seconds, while Chris Rose – running in his first ever half marathon – finished just minutes behind with in one hour, 32 minutes and 59 seconds.
Bethan Everson shook off her recent injuries to cross the line as the fastest Fenland female in one hour, 36 minutes and six seconds, while coach Sarah Gauvin, Carol Bowett, Denis Griffin and Hannah Ryan beat their previous best times.
Cambridge City Half Marathon results: Tim Chapman 527th 1:30:48; Chris Rose 702nd 1:32:59; Bethan Everson 908th 1:36:06; Stuart Follen 1,242nd 1:40:02; Sarah Gauvin 1,857th 1:42:50 (PB); Maire Irlam 2,026th 1:46:08; Carol Bowett 2,217th 1:46:12 (PB); Paul Griffin 2,214th 1:47:15; Jane Greenwood 3,899th 1:58:15; Larissa Follen 4,036th 2:01:20; Melissa Milward 4,139th 2:02:28; Denise Griffin 4,306th 2:03:41 (PB); Jane Clarke 4,663rd 2:04:51; Hannah Ryan 5,690th 2:15:38 (PB); Sharon Bird 5,565th 2:18:09; Carol Slater-Garner 6,182nd 2:23:51.
You may also want to watch:
MK Festival of Running Half Marathon: Jon Rowell 746th 2:07:20; Joanne Clarke 922nd 2:15:29.
MK Festival of Running 20 mile: Paul Arnold 169th 2:37:57.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction