Grammar School knocked out in semi-final
WISBECH Grammar School s first XV rugby team reached the semi-final of the Eastern Counties under-18 cup before losing 27-0 to Norwich School. Wisbech found this a hard game, fielding the same boys who had played in a tough encounter against Wymondham on
WISBECH Grammar School's first XV rugby team reached the semi-final of the Eastern Counties under-18 cup before losing 27-0 to Norwich School.
Wisbech found this a hard game, fielding the same boys who had played in a tough encounter against Wymondham on the previous Saturday and with the pack still weakened by injuries.
The Norwich back row and full back proved difficult for Wisbech to handle, and Norwich scored decisive tries in last Tuesday's match.
There was good news, however, for one member of the team, Henry Bowlby, who has been selected for the Eastern Counties under-18s team.
You may also want to watch:
The Wisbech team, which was unbeaten in all its matches in the first half of the term, beat Gresham's School 29-7 and Saffron Walden County High School 25-24 in earlier rounds of the competition.
In the first half of the term the boys recorded victories against Hampshire Collegiate College (24-19), Culford School (41-3), King's School, Grantham (21-3), Langley School (29-15) and King's School, Ely (22-8).
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation