Golfers flock to Gedney Hill Golf Club to battle for a sea of summer silverware
A TROPHY cabinet full of silverware has been played for at Gedney Hill Golf Club this summer with golfers taking to the course in search of glory.
Gedney Hill’s captains Merv Davies and Christine Lord hosted their Joint Captains’ Day which was won by Mick Drury (41 points acb).
Kim Markillie won the ladies’ competition with 35 points, edging out second-placed Janet Davis by just one point.
A total of 66 professionals competed in the Charlie Britton Classic Pro-Am with just 7 seven shooting below the course par of 70.
Rothley Park Golf Club’s Matt Cort won the event with a round of 65 with Fen professional Kerr Page - who shot 68 - finishing fifth. The winning pair was Kerr Page and Mick Page who shot 11 under par.
Monksview Demolition Charity Day - Men’s competition: 1, Stuart Turnell, 44 pts; 2, Steve Steels, 43 pts and 3, Neil Venters, 42 points - Ladies’ competition: 1, Nicky Weller, 35 pts; 2, Jane Boutle, 32 pts (acb) and 3, Kim Markillie, 32 pts - Nearest the Pin: Hole 3, Dean Wright; Hole 4, Kev Lawrence; Hole 11, Steve Sayer; Hole 12, Steve Seels and Hole 18 (in 2), Ash Anthony - Longest Drive: Mick Page
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
Seniors’ section - Club Championship: Lowest gross winner, David Lord, 76; runner-up, Gavin Staite, 81; Lowest nett winner, Brian Cave, 66 and runner-up Jimmy Readman, 69(acb) - Ladies’ section: 1, Maggie Bingham, 68 net, 2, Jacqui Rust, 73 and 3, Nicky Weller, 75