Golfers flock to Gedney Hill Golf Club to battle for a sea of summer silverware
A TROPHY cabinet full of silverware has been played for at Gedney Hill Golf Club this summer with golfers taking to the course in search of glory.
Gedney Hill’s captains Merv Davies and Christine Lord hosted their Joint Captains’ Day which was won by Mick Drury (41 points acb).
Kim Markillie won the ladies’ competition with 35 points, edging out second-placed Janet Davis by just one point.
A total of 66 professionals competed in the Charlie Britton Classic Pro-Am with just 7 seven shooting below the course par of 70.
Rothley Park Golf Club’s Matt Cort won the event with a round of 65 with Fen professional Kerr Page - who shot 68 - finishing fifth. The winning pair was Kerr Page and Mick Page who shot 11 under par.
You may also want to watch:
Monksview Demolition Charity Day - Men’s competition: 1, Stuart Turnell, 44 pts; 2, Steve Steels, 43 pts and 3, Neil Venters, 42 points - Ladies’ competition: 1, Nicky Weller, 35 pts; 2, Jane Boutle, 32 pts (acb) and 3, Kim Markillie, 32 pts - Nearest the Pin: Hole 3, Dean Wright; Hole 4, Kev Lawrence; Hole 11, Steve Sayer; Hole 12, Steve Seels and Hole 18 (in 2), Ash Anthony - Longest Drive: Mick Page
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 10 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
Seniors’ section - Club Championship: Lowest gross winner, David Lord, 76; runner-up, Gavin Staite, 81; Lowest nett winner, Brian Cave, 66 and runner-up Jimmy Readman, 69(acb) - Ladies’ section: 1, Maggie Bingham, 68 net, 2, Jacqui Rust, 73 and 3, Nicky Weller, 75