Gold hat-trick for Wisbech swimmer
WISBECH swimmer Lucy Ryan won three gold medals in her first Masters competition for five years. Ryan took gold in all three breaststroke categories: 50m, 100m and 200m. She was competing in the 35-40 years age group of the British Gas ASA Masters Senior
WISBECH swimmer Lucy Ryan won three gold medals in her first Masters competition for five years.
Ryan took gold in all three breaststroke categories: 50m, 100m and 200m.
She was competing in the 35-40 years age group of the British Gas ASA Masters Senior Age Group Championships at the weekend.
Ryan had taken a five-year break from Masters swimming to have two children.
You may also want to watch:
She has swum for Wisbech Swimming Club throughout this time, frequently racing on Saturday nights and at the club championships each year.
She said: "It has been brilliant to be part of Wisbech Swimming Club over the last five years and I'd particularly like to thank the coaching staff, Fiona, and previously Clive, and the club itself, run by John Frushner, who all work tirelessly to further swimming in this area.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
"Without the training sessions and local competitions there is no way I would have returned to competitive swimming so successfully."
More than 1,000 swimmers competed in the Masters Championships in Sheffield.
A number of world, European and British records fell over the three days of events.