Godfrey at the double for Tydd St. Mary
AN Ash Godfrey brace helped Tydd St. Mary come from behind to beat Fosdyke 3-2 in the Boston and District Saturday Football League Division Two. Fosdyke took the game to Tydd and were 2-0 up by the 19th minute. Tydd pulled a goal back just before half-ti
AN Ash Godfrey brace helped Tydd St. Mary come from behind to beat Fosdyke 3-2 in the Boston and District Saturday Football League Division Two.
Fosdyke took the game to Tydd and were 2-0 up by the 19th minute.
Tydd pulled a goal back just before half-time when Godfrey sent over a deep cross from the left, Matt Bowers headed back across goal and Andrew Bennett headed home to make it 2-1.
The Saints drew level on 49 minutes when man of the match Richard Smith floated over a corner, Bennett headed goalwards and Godfrey flicked the ball into the net.
You may also want to watch:
The winner came in the 70th minute when Smith fed a delightful ball through for Godfrey to finish.
Fosdyke had a great shot on goal in the dying minutes but Tydd 'keeper Martin Cherry pulled off a great save to give The Saints all three points.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash