GALLERY: Wisbech men relegated while goals from Apted and Hanlon give ladies St Ives win
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have been relegated from Premier A ... but they are determined to get on the board before the end of the season.
Will Denny scored from a short corner but Wisbech, despite a spirited showing, lost 5-1 to leaders Wapping.
It has been a nightmare season for the club - they have lost all 20 league games.
Stand-in captain Jon Shippey says his side is determined to break its duck in their remaining two games. On Saturday, they travel to second bottom Felixstowe.
He said: “We competed a lot better against Wapping and kept fighting. The last three games have been tough against the league’s top three sides.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got to keep our heads up and try and get at least a point from Felixstowe.”
Steph Hanlon grabbed the winner as Wisbech ladies beat strugglers St Ives 2-1.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
The hosts opened the scoring through Claire Apted but St Ives levelled from a penalty flick.
Wisbech had all the possession and chances in the second half - their hard work was finally rewarded through a well worked goal finished by Hanlon.
The ladies have a double-header this weekend - they take on Cambs Uni and Cambs City.