Gallery: Outwell Swifts v Outwell Legends
THE first of what is hoped will be an annual football match was held in Outwell on Saturday. The current Outwell Swifts side beat Outwell Legends 4-0 thanks to a brace from Johnny Secker and goals from Lee Peeling and Eddie Lake. The legends team was ma
THE first of what is hoped will be an annual football match was held in Outwell on Saturday.
The current Outwell Swifts side beat Outwell Legends 4-0 thanks to a brace from Johnny Secker and goals from Lee Peeling and Eddie Lake.
The legends' team was made up mainly of players from successful Outwell Swifts' teams from the early 1990s.
The match was held to raise money for the club and was followed by a barbecue and disco.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Paul Brenchley said: "The day went really well, it was well-attended and everyone had a good time.
"I'm hoping we can do it every year now as it costs a lot of money to run a football club these days."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
Outwell Swifts were formed in 1988 and progressed from Division Six to Division One of the Peterborough League before joining the Cambridgeshire League.
They currently play in the Cambs Kershaw Senior Division B.
Pictures: BRIAN PURDY