Gallery: Fenland's finest battle it out in Bowls Finals Day
FENLAND S finest bowlers battled it out when CMB Bowls Club, Wisbech hosted the March and District Bowls Association finals day. Linda Johnson, who is in her final year as president of the association, said: It was an absolutely fantastic day. The standa
FENLAND'S finest bowlers battled it out when CMB Bowls Club, Wisbech hosted the March and District Bowls Association finals day.
Linda Johnson, who is in her final year as president of the association, said: "It was an absolutely fantastic day. The standard of bowls was very high and CMB Bowls Club's hospitality was second to none."
In the men's section there were victories for Ron Ellington, in the singles, beating Barry Stevens 21-18, Alan Newbold and Peter Butcher in the pairs, with a 27-26 win over Tony Harley and Derek Rutter, while Charlie Albutt, Derek Walker and Rodger Gladwin beat Mike Chapman, Tony Parrish and Arthur Paul 22-16 in the triples. The fours title went to Gavin Marshall, Les Denzey, Tony Harley and Geoff Bassett who beat John Cavlkett, John Reed, David Bailey and Keith Hunt 32-21.
The ladies' section saw Sylvia Watson beat Anne Halsey 21-19 in the singles, Shirley Buffham and Jean Ellington beat Tina Moran and Carol Hollingsworth 26-14 in the pairs.
You may also want to watch:
In an all-Scottish mixed pairs final Kath and Andy McEwan beat Elizabeth and Ian McRae 27-9.
March Cons beat Murrow 79-59 in the Knock Out Cup Final.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 3 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action