Gallery: Fenland Running Club's fifth annual presentation evening
FENLAND Running Club s fifth annual presentation evening welcomed 60 members and their partners to the ceremony. Coach Robin Parker gave out the awards with the help of local physio Tony Boyce and chairman Tim Chapman. Awards were given out to the club s
FENLAND Running Club's fifth annual presentation evening welcomed 60 members and their partners to the ceremony.
Coach Robin Parker gave out the awards with the help of local physio Tony Boyce and chairman Tim Chapman.
Awards were given out to the club's best performers in its own internal series of races and the two key prizes went to Jane Holmes as best club lady and Clive Harrod for best club man.
Awards were also given out for participation in marathons.
These went to Kevin Day for completing one hundred races over the 26.2 mile distance as well as to Keith White for improving his time in London.
The evening also included live music provided by club member Roger Williams, and a chicken and chip supper.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
Members of the club went on to races the following day.
In the Soham Half Marathon, Keith White ran a personal best by two minutes to complete the 13 mile course in 1hour 36 minutes.
In the Dereham 10 mile race, Ian Milburn finished second in his class with a time of 69 minutes 6 seconds.
Clive Harrod also competed and ran home in 75mins 19secs.
Both men felt they had run well on the day and are in good shape for the summer season.