Gallery: Darts fans treated to match with world champions Martin 'Wolfie' Adams and Trina Gulliver
DARTS fans in March were treated to a live county match involving world champions Martin Wolfie Adams and Trina Gulliver at the weekend. The pair brought with them the BDO World Championship trophies they won at Lakeside earlier this month. Adams also b
DARTS fans in March were treated to a live county match involving world champions Martin "Wolfie" Adams and Trina Gulliver at the weekend.
The pair brought with them the BDO World Championship trophies they won at Lakeside earlier this month.
Adams also brought a World Masters trophy and the Gold Cup pairs trophy, won by Cambridgeshire brothers Martin and Paul Crawford, was also on display.
The world champions mingled with a packed crowd at the United Services Club before competing in the Premier Division match between Cambridgeshire and Warwickshire which the visitors won 22-17.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire chairman Peter Melton, from Chatteris, said: "The place was very busy and there was a great atmosphere.
"Hopefully this will attract a bit more interest in our future matches. Our next home match is against Kent in March and Martin is due to play in that."
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The match started on Saturday with the B teams in action.
Cambridgeshire Ladies' B won their section 5-1 but the visitors hit back with an 8-4 victory in the Men's B contest.
Adams, representing Cambridgeshire Men's A team, edged to a 3-2 win over Prakash Jiwa on Sunday.
Jiwa had 12 darts to win the match at 3-1, only to see Adams take out a 86 shot to fall over the winning line.
Dennis Harbour, from Leverington, beat Bob Nixon 3-2 in this section and picked up the Cambridgeshire Player of the Match award.
But Warwickshire won the Men's A section 7-5.
Gulliver, who has now won a staggering eight world titles, represented Warwickshire Ladies A and beat Juliet Findley 3-0, who has shots at doubles to take two of the legs.
The ladies' A section finished 3-3.
Melton said: "Diane Couzens was also very impressive for us in the Ladies' B section. She won 3-1 and had shots out on 80, 120 and 126. Wolfie would have been pleased with that himself."
Cambridgeshire remain seventh in the table and Warwickshire remain bottom.
Their next match is away to Glamorgan on February 14.