Gallery: Cross helps Benwick Athletic to 11-1 win over Outwell
SIX Charlie Cross goals helped Benwick Athletic to an 11-1 Fenland and District Youth Soccer League win over Outwell Swifts on Saturday. Ben Lister and Ciaran Sharpe scored two each while Jack Cook was on target for the hosts. Swifts have a female manager
SIX Charlie Cross goals helped Benwick Athletic to an 11-1 Fenland and District Youth Soccer League win over Outwell Swifts on Saturday.
Ben Lister and Ciaran Sharpe scored two each while Jack Cook was on target for the hosts.
Swifts have a female manager in Pam Salmon.
She said: "A woman named Paula runs Wisbech St Mary Yellows, but us female managers are a rare breed.
You may also want to watch:
"I've always been a big football fan and I've been a season ticket holder at Port Vale.
"I took over this team a couple of years ago when the previous manager had to leave and there was nobody else to manage the team.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
"It takes up a lot of time and a fair bit of money but we've got a great bunch of lads here and when I see how much they enjoy themselves it's completely worth it.
"We've got a great little team and we had a good 2-0 win over Whittlesey at the start of the season. But people put too much emphasis on winning and I'm just happy too see the lads enjoying themselves.
"We've got several new players in this season, and many of them had never played football before, and we're looking to keep growing.