Frustrating weekend for Fenland racer at Donington Park
TEENAGER Jake Giddings endured a frustrating weekend at Donington Park in the second round of the Ginetta Junior Championship.
The Upwell teenager was beset by a host of electrical problems throughout the weekend in the British Touring Car Championship support series and as a result qualified a disappointing 18th position on the grid.
Giddings showed incredible driving ability to overtake 11 cars in four laps but a costly spin towards the end of the first race meant he finished in 10th position.
After an unavoidable accident in race two the teenager finished in 15th, way behind championship leader Seb Morris who clinched his second race-win of the afternoon.
Gidding said: “We had a very disappointing weekend. The team worked extremely hard all weekend but the electrical problem had everyone including Ginetta’s own race engineers completely stumped.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully I can come back at Thruxton in two weeks time and get some much needed championship points to keep the season on track.”
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction