Frustrating weekend for Fenland racer at Donington Park
TEENAGER Jake Giddings endured a frustrating weekend at Donington Park in the second round of the Ginetta Junior Championship.
The Upwell teenager was beset by a host of electrical problems throughout the weekend in the British Touring Car Championship support series and as a result qualified a disappointing 18th position on the grid.
Giddings showed incredible driving ability to overtake 11 cars in four laps but a costly spin towards the end of the first race meant he finished in 10th position.
After an unavoidable accident in race two the teenager finished in 15th, way behind championship leader Seb Morris who clinched his second race-win of the afternoon.
Gidding said: “We had a very disappointing weekend. The team worked extremely hard all weekend but the electrical problem had everyone including Ginetta’s own race engineers completely stumped.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully I can come back at Thruxton in two weeks time and get some much needed championship points to keep the season on track.”
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son