Frustrated Wisbech Town boss Appleby hoping for change of luck ahead of Great Yarmouth Town clash
FRUSTRATED Fenmen boss Steve Appleby is hoping his side’s luck changes ahead of Saturday’s Ridgeons Premier Division clash with Great Yarmouth Town.
Wisbech Town slipped to a 2-0 defeat at Stanway Rovers on Saturday and Appleby believed his side once again failed to get the rub of the green with refereeing decisions.
Then, to add to his frustration, Tuesday’s league cup quarter-final clash with Kirkley & Pakefield was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. It was Wisbech’s seventh game in 10 to fall foul of the weather.
Appleby said: “We’re getting increasingly frustrated at the moment with everything.
“We were a bit off the pace on Saturday because so many games have been postponed. The lads have trained, trained and trained again but you can’t replicate match-fitness.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve already had more than enough refereeing decisions go against us this year but a couple of decisions on Saturday defied belief. I can’t say too much more than that or I’ll get myself in trouble.
“These things are meant to even themselves out over the course of the season but as of yet we’ve had nothing our way at all.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Paul Cousins has recovered from tonsilitis and will return to Saturday’s squad along with striker Tommy Treacher who missed the 2-0 defeat at Stanway due to work commitments.
However, Aaron Turner won’t be available because he has joined Lakenheath on a short-term loan deal to increase his match fitness.